Learn how to make the VERY BEST Fish and Chips Recipe ONLINE this side of the Atlantic Ocean! Flaky fresh codfish is battered in the most flavorful beer breading then fried to golden brown perfection and served with crisp potato chips! Different from my Spicy Oven Fried Catfish, my Crispy Fish Sticks, and my Fried Shrimp batters, this one stands apart with the delicious taste of beer!
FISH AND CHIPS AND THE BRITS
BEST FISH AND CHIPS IN LONDON
HOW TO MAKE FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE
- all-purpose flour
- baking powder
- beer or milk
WHAT KIND OF FISH IS USED FOR FISH AND CHIPS?
For my fish and chips recipe, it all starts with the fish. For fish and chips, I follow the industry standard for the fish used for the dish: cod.
I use a flaky cod and dip it in a simple yet delicious fish and chips batter that you can throw together in a few minutes.
HOW IS MY BEER BATTERED FISH AND CHIPS RECIPE DIFFERENT?
THE CHIPS IN FISH AND CHIPS
WHAT TO SERVE THIS DISH WITH?
TRY THESE OTHER GRANDBABY CAKES FRIED RECIPES
Love it fried? Try these incredible fried recipes:
- I love some fried shrimp! This fried shrimp recipe is the best!
- Love fried catfish? This oven fried catfish will blow your mind.
- What is a chicken gizzard? This fried chicken gizzard recipe will make you the ultimate fan.
- This fried green tomatoes recipe is the best one on the web!
- Fried okra is the very best the south can offer! This fried okra recipe is the bee’s knees!
- I’m seriously in love with this chicken fried steak recipe! It is one of my most popular recipe. This Country fried steak is gold!
- If you love buttermilk fried chicken, this one will be your fave!
- And for a side dish? These fried onion rings are incredible!
- If you love a good fish fry, I will teach you the best way to fry fish!
Fish and Chips Recipe (How to Make Fish and Chips)
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup beer or milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound haddock or cod fillets cut into strips
- 3 potatoes cut in fry shapes
- Heat oil in a medium sized pot over medium high heat.
- Whisk together flour, eggs, baking powder, and salt in one medium sized bowl until smooth.
- Next slowly add in beer or milk and continue whisking until batter is combined.
- Salt and pepper fish then dip each piece into batter coating evenly.
- Fry fish in oil until golden brown and crispy.
- Next fry potatoes until golden brown.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.