Bright and super fun, these Pink Lemonade Cake is the perfect recipe to serve during the spring holidays!
This is a super fun recipe to play around with. I started with a traditional sheet cake recipe but added the lemonade concentrate with pink lemonade and added a few drops of food coloring to make the pink color pop.
What I love about this pink lemonade cake recipe is how moist and delicious it is along with the tart citrus flavor the lemonade concentrate gives the treat. It really reminds you of pink lemonade and is such a super cute idea! I can imagine these being served at a fun baby shower this summer.
- 2 ½ cups cake flour sifted
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup unsalted butter slightly chilled and cut into slices
- 4 large eggs
- ¾ cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate thawed
- ½ cup milk room temperature
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- ¼ cup frozen pink lemonade concentrate, thawed 4 tablespoons
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- Optional: pink food coloring, straws, and lemon slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 13x9x2-inch baking pan then set aside.
In the bowl of your stand mixer, add flour, sugar, salt and baking powder and mix on low speed to combine.
Next slowly add in butter slices and allow to mix until flour resembles coarse crumbs.
While butter mixes, in a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, pink lemonade, milk, lemon extract and vanilla extract and set aside.
With mixer still on low speed, add egg mixture in three batches allowing liquid to combine into dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
If desired, stir in a few drops of pink or red food coloring to create a fun pink color. Spread batter into prepared pan evenly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean with a few crumbs. Cool in pan on a wire rack until room temperature. While cooling, prepare the frosting.
In your stand mixer, add butter and salt at medium low speed.
Next turn the mixer down to low and slowly add confectioner’s sugar in small portions until all is added then turn the speed to medium high to combine.
Add lemonade and lemon extract and mix until nice and fluffy. Add in food coloring at this point if desired.