This fruit punch recipe offers a delicious and refreshing beverage that is perfect for any special occasion. With its unique blend of pineapple, orange, and lemon juices mixed with creamy blended bananas, this recipe gives tropical vibes that make it feel like summer all year long!
In my family, we adore spring and summer entertaining. From the backyard barbecues to the Friday night fish fry traditions, we get the fun in both seasons long. We never skimp and believe in adding as much love and effort to all of our recipes.
While the summer may seem like the perfect time to make this punch because the colors and flavors just pop, feel free to make this all year as I do!
Why you’ll love this Fruit Punch Recipe
Quick & Easy: Making fruit punch is one of the easier recipes to prepare for a party. Serve extra fruit on the side for garnishes.
Blended bananas: Using blended bananas brings a smooth and creamy mouthfeel to this fruit punch. Such a unique and fun twist.
Perfect for any occasion: Birthday parties, family gatherings, holiday get-togethers, you name it this punch can be served at it.
Just a few simple ingredients bring this bright and citrusy punch together.
- Pineapple juice – Doles canned pineapple juice is always a wonderful and tasty option.
- Bananas blended – Use ripe bananas, but not banana bread ripe bananas. Yellow with a brown spot here and there is good.
- Frozen juice concentrate – Find orange and lemonade juice concentrate in the freezer section of your grocery store. A very cost-effective way to get your hands on some quick juice.
- Sprite or 7Up – Use whichever one is your favorite, for this recipe we used Sprite.
How To Make Easy Fruit Punch
Add the bananas to a blender along with 4 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Blend it until combined. It may not be completely smooth and that is ok.
Then add the frozen orange concentrate and frozen lemonade concentrate into a large punch bowl with water. Mix with a whisk until combined.
Add the pineapple juice and blended banana. Give it a stir. Lastly, add the sprite, stir, and serve.
- Low-sugar: For a lower-sugar option, omit the added granulated sugar. It’s still pretty sweet, especially with the addition of ripe bananas!
- Fruit juice: Swap out the fruit juices listed in this recipe for grapefruit, cranberry, guava, mango, limeade, pomegranate, or any of your favorite varieties.
- Boozy: For a grown-up fruit punch, add a splash of rum or vodka while mixing it. You can also add this on an individual basis.
Tips and tricks
- Use ripe bananas: For the best flavor and consistency, the bananas need to be fairly spotty. If they’re still green, the resulting taste will be quite bitter.
- Stir the fruit punch well: In order to disperse the flavors evenly, don’t forget to thoroughly mix the fruit punch. This is especially important with mashed bananas.
- Use a large bowl: Whatever container or pitcher you’re planning on using, just make sure it’s large enough to hold all of the ingredients.
- Add the soda and ice last: Prevent a diluted and flat fruit punch by mixing in the ice and Sprite or 7Up just before serving. You can also add ice to individual glasses.
What to do with leftover fruit punch
Whether you’re prepping the fruit punch ahead of time or have leftovers, follow these storage guidelines:
- Fridge: Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container. If possible, store the fruit punch base separately from the ice and lemon-lime soda.
- Freezer: You can freeze fruit punch for up to 1 month. Just make sure to thaw it overnight in the refrigerator and stir it thoroughly before serving it again.
Of course, you can use fresh-squeezed juice if you prefer. Just make sure to strain it prior to adding it to the punch bowl.
Yes, any similar soda will work in this recipe. A few ideas include Fresca, Squirt, or even carbonated water.
To make this drink sugar-free, you will need to use stevia or Splenda in place of sugar, replace the fruit juice concentrates with fresh-squeezed fruit juice, and swap out regular soda with sugar-free soda or carbonated water.
More easy fruit punch recipes
If you enjoyed this tropical fruit punch recipe, take a peek at some more of Grandbaby Cakes’ BEST drink recipes:
- Rum Punch
- Sweet Peach Tea
- Peach Nectar Punch Recipe
- Mango Citrus Fruit Punch Recipe
- Berry Rhubarb Punch
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!* Post a photo of how your version of the recipe came out on Instagram (using #grandbabycakes)!!
- 3 cups Water
- 1 23 oz can Pineapple juice
- 2 Bananas blended
- 1 12 oz can Frozen orange concentrate
- 1 12 oz can Frozen lemonade concentrate
- 3 28 oz bottle Sprite or 7Up
- Add the bananas to a blender along with 4 tablespoons of pineapple juice. Blend it until combined. It may not be completely smooth and that is ok.
- Then add the frozen orange concentrate and frozen lemonade concentrate into a large punch bowl with water. Mix with a whisk until combined.
- Add the pineapple juice and blended banana. Give it a stir. Lastly, add the sprite, stir, and serve.