Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cake Recipe – A gooey molten pumpkin lava cake spiced to perfection and filled with smooth rich caramel. One of the most unique and best Thanksgiving desserts ever!
Disclosure: This Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cakes recipe post is sponsored by Safest Choice Eggs and all opinions expressed here are my own.
The holidays will be here before we know it, and my home is about to turn into dessert central. From cakes to pies to cookies galore, I am a baking machine. I always make the traditional suspects for Thanksgiving each year (Sweet Potato Pie, Caramel Cake, Caramel Apple Cheesecake and Sweet Potato Pound Cake) but wanted to punch it up a bit with individual desserts that are delicious and classy. If you want to impress all your Thanksgiving Day guests, you must end the meal with my caramel pumpkin lava cake recipe.
Lava cake is normally made with chocolate and is called a lava cake because the warm center (usually containing chocolate) oozes out like lava from a volcano. I absolutely love lava cake. I’m talking about the kind that makes you moan with delight as soon as your fork dives into the gooey center; the kind that makes you sigh as soon as you taste its decadent warmth on your tongue. This delightful Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cake recipe has a fall twist, and boy oh boy is it the bomb dot com.
HOW IS THIS LAVA CAKE RECIPE DIFFERENT
I added pumpkin puree, Safest Choice Eggs, and fall spices like pumpkin pie spice to this mini masterpiece, along with white chocolate which really brought out a wonderful essence to this recipe. The eggs are crucial here because they create the structure for the outside of the molten cake but also provides great richness to the recipe.
The inside is what makes this recipe even better. Sure the chocolate pumpkin mix is warm and gooey but when it mixes with soft caramel with a bit of sea salt, it is insane!!!! You could eat this as it is or top it with a scoop of ice cream (like I did), and it is absolutely sensational.
Pumpkin is such an essential flavor for the fall season that it must be worked into as many recipes as possible including this caramel pumpkin lava cake recipe. If you like it, you’ll love my other pumpkin desserts:
- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
- PUMPKIN POUND CAKE
- PUMPKIN CINNAMON ROLL CUPCAKES
- PUMPKIN CIDER DOUGHNUTS
Caramel Pumpkin Lava Cake Recipe - A gooey molten pumpkin lava cake spiced to perfection and filled with smooth rich caramel. One of the most unique and best Thanksgiving desserts ever!
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 2 large Safest Choice eggs
- 1 large Safest Choice egg yolk
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 8 prepackaged caramel candies unwrapped (make sure they are the soft packaged type)
- sea salt
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Add white chocolate and butter to a microwave-safe, medium-sized bowl and heat in intervals of 20 seconds; stirring after each heating until completely melted and smooth.
- Whisk in flour, sugar, and pumpkin pie spice until batter is smooth.
- Whisk in eggs, egg yolk, pumpkin, and vanilla extract until the batter is well blended.
- Using 3 (6 ounce) ramekins that have been sprayed with non-stick spray, fill each ramekin half way with cake batter. Add two caramels into each ramekin and sprinkle with sea salt (about 1/8-1/4 teaspoon per cake depending on how much salty flavor you want). Spoon remaining cake batter over each cake.
- Bake cakes for 14-17 minutes and remove from oven. The cakes should be set on the outsides but still jiggly in the center.
- Let cool for 2 minutes; take a knife and run along the inside of each ramekin to help release the cake.
- Invert the cakes on individual plates. Dust with sea salt or powdered sugar and serve warm.