Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake – If you don’t know how perfectly Blueberry and Lemon go together, this Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake Recipe proves it. It’s one of the best blueberry desserts ever!
Disclosure: I was compensated by Better Homes and Gardens for this post but all opinions expressed here are my own.
HOW TO MAKE BLUEBERRY LEMON POUND CAKE
You have to do me a favor and serve this at any event you have this year. This Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a showstopper.
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
- BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
- BLUEBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
- NO CHURN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
- PERFECT BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake - If you don’t know how perfectly Blueberry and Lemon go together, this Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake Recipe proves it. It's one of the best blueberry desserts ever!
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 12 inch bundt pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping side of bowl frequently. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Fold in berries, zest and juice until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
- Stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until combined and drizzle over top of cooled cake then serve.
You can replace the blueberries with any other type of berry (strawberry, blackberry, etc.).