This Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe is moist, decadent and the perfect combination of sweet blueberries and tart citrus flavor!! Each bite of this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is irresistible! This is a wonderful cake to make for Spring and Summer get togethers or all year round! If you love berry cakes like these, definitely check out my Blueberry Orange Bundt Cake, Blueberry Coffee Cake, Blueberry Lemon Layer Cake, Strawberry Pound Cake, my Blueberry Orange Pound Cake or my Strawberry Crumble Coffee Cake.
A Perfect Combination of Citrus and Berries:
A Wonderful Lemon Blueberry Cake!
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
- Sour Cream
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
You have to do me a favor and serve this at any event you have this year. This Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a showstopper.
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
More Blueberry Recipes if you love this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
- BLUEBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
- NO CHURN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
- PERFECT BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
- LEMON LAYER CAKE
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
For the Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or see note below about using frozen berries)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons about 5-6 tablespoons of lemon juice total
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 12 inch bundt pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping side of bowl frequently. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Fold in berries, zest and juice until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
For the Glaze:
- Stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until combined and drizzle over top of cooled cake then serve.
Bettie S says
Made this recipe several times in the past and recently made it for my mom for her 85th birthday. She’s a diabetic and this cake wasn’t too sweet for her. She absolutely loved it because of the blueberries. Thanks Joycelyn for sharing this pound cake that’s diabetic friendly. I feared using cake flour instead of all purpose flour because it’s what I had on hand and I tell you it came out amazing and was very tasty and moist. Love love love!❤️❤️❤️
Making this a day ahead for Easter dinner. I’ve made it before and it’s absolutely wonderful! I’ve given this recipe to others and their results have been awesome too!! It’s light and yet welcoming to the weight of the blueberrys. The blueberries are good right now in MD but not truly at their best. The month of May brings local berries out and I hope to make this again. My favorite spring/summer cake! (And not difficult to make.
Loren R says
Just made this. So easy and delicious! I ended up baking it for the full 85 min.
My beater brokedown so I made it by hand, got tired but I got the best pound cake I’ve ever made! It’s extremely good, the perfect combination!!!
Made this cake for my sister’s birthday and it was delicious! Everyone loved that it was refreshing with the lemon and not too sweet. And of course the blueberries were amazing as well! Follow the recipe as written, it’s a winner!
Lidia yancar yancar says
Best ever! Delicious lemon and blueberry flavor…perfect texture and ever so perfectly moist.
Tara Loughnane says
Bravo Grandbaby Cakes !!! This Bundt couldn’t be more perfect . Delicious with the best texture and crumb . I I’ve tried a few of your dessert recipes and they are always on point thanks again