This Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe is moist, decadent and the perfect combination of sweet blueberries and tart citrus flavor!! Each bite of this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake is irresistible! This is a wonderful cake to make for Spring and Summer get togethers or all year round! If you love berry cakes like these, definitely check out my Blueberry Orange Bundt Cake, Blueberry Coffee Cake, Blueberry Lemon Layer Cake, Strawberry Pound Cake, my Blueberry Orange Pound Cake or my Strawberry Crumble Coffee Cake.
A Perfect Combination of Citrus and Berries:
A Wonderful Lemon Blueberry Cake!
Ingredients for Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
- Sour Cream
How to Make Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
You have to do me a favor and serve this at any event you have this year. This Blueberry Lemon Pound Cake is a showstopper.
If you want more pound cake recipes, click HERE
More Blueberry Recipes if you love this Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake
- BLUEBERRY CRUMBLE BARS
- BLUEBERRY GLAZED DOUGHNUTS
- NO CHURN BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE ICE CREAM
- PERFECT BLUEBERRY STREUSEL MUFFINS
- LEMON LAYER CAKE
Lemon Blueberry Cake Recipe
For the Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream room temperature
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or see note below about using frozen berries)
- Zest and juice of 2 lemons about 5-6 tablespoons of lemon juice total
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and lightly flour a 12 inch bundt pan; set aside. In a medium bowl stir together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Gradually add sugar, beating on medium speed about 10 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low to medium speed for 1 minute after each addition and scraping side of bowl frequently. Alternately add flour mixture and sour cream to butter mixture, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Fold in berries, zest and juice until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, spreading evenly. Bake for 1 hour and 15-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center of cake comes out clean. Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely on rack.
For the Glaze:
- Stir together confectioner's sugar and lemon juice until combined and drizzle over top of cooled cake then serve.
My beater brokedown so I made it by hand, got tired but I got the best pound cake I’ve ever made! It’s extremely good, the perfect combination!!!
Made this cake for my sister’s birthday and it was delicious! Everyone loved that it was refreshing with the lemon and not too sweet. And of course the blueberries were amazing as well! Follow the recipe as written, it’s a winner!
Lidia yancar yancar says
Best ever! Delicious lemon and blueberry flavor…perfect texture and ever so perfectly moist.
Tara Loughnane says
Bravo Grandbaby Cakes !!! This Bundt couldn’t be more perfect . Delicious with the best texture and crumb . I I’ve tried a few of your dessert recipes and they are always on point thanks again
Whenever I see Lemons Blueberry in any form I come down with a bad case of drooling . Like if you dangle a piece of liver in front of my girl! She will dance, play dead, sit or shake paws without even asking her!
I was hesitant to bake this in a Bundt pan because I have a “tiny” oven. Read on if I could use regular pans. Yea well too complicated to figure it out. So I went for it. I had to lower the top rack because I’ve burned tops before. I lightly covered it with foil. After 60 min. I removed the foil…I was shocked, it jiggled like water. I just shut the oven door set timer for 30 more minutes and walked away whining to myself at having a tiny oven. It is also a convection if I do choose. I figured well if it doesn’t work it’s compost!
It worked ☺️It turned out beautiful! It is so moist, so delicious, I’m so blessed ! Oh and that dog child of mine, she literally went to the oven off and on like waiting where’s this cake mom! Even came to get me pawing my legs to follow her, thinking it was outdoors..nope she took me to the kitchen! I broke my rule and gave her about a tablespoon of cake with no glaze. She was so happy I kid you not! She’s deaf old and spends a lot of quiet time just standing or sleeping. But she enjoyed your cake! Thank you!
This is one of your best fruit Pound Cakes I made this for Mother’s day .The Lemon and blueberry are well together I made two minis and one cross cake everyone Love them . I love your recipes I will be making this again and others you share. THANKYOU. Wish I could post a picture.
Catherine D says
I think I’m in trouble. I made this today for the first time and I can’t stop eating it! Thank you for this recipe!