Learn How to Make Beef Stew the right way! With tender beef tenderloin, vegetables and an unbelievably rich and savory sauce flavored with spices, herbs and sensational essences. Serve with Corn Muffins for a comforting meal. If you adore this Beef Stew Recipe, try my Mississippi Pot Roast, Classic Pot Roast , My Salisbury Steak Mealballs, My Chicken and Dumplings, and my Italian Pot Roast Recipe.
Heavenly Beef Stew Recipe Made with Flavorful Ingredients and Lots of Love!
BEEF STEW INGREDIENTS
This Beef Stew recipe has some incredibly rich and decadent ingredients which take the flavors over the top. In order to truly braise the meat in an incredibly well nuanced sauce, you will need some of the following ingredients:
- Beef Stock
- Red Wine
- Tomato Paste
- Balsamic Vinegar
Bacon flavor always adds some much additional flavor. The combo with beef is incredible.
Aromatics like onion and garlic always heighten a dish so they are truly necessary here.
For the sauce, I use a mix of beef stock, red wine, tomato paste and balsamic vinegar. The combination creates the most sensational sauce you will ever taste. Thickened to perfection, and filled with so many sensational flavors, it is irresistible.
HOW TO MAKE BEEF STEW RECIPE
Can You Make Slow Cooker Beef Stew – Beef Stew Crock Pot?
Yes you can easily make this Beef Stew in a Crock Pot. You will want to start by browning the beef tenderloins. Once they are totally browned, add everything to your crock pot or slow cooker and cook for 8 hours.
Then pull up a chair, make these stuffed cabbage rolls, prepare a large bowl of this and feel right at home.
Beef Stew Recipe (How to Make Beef Stew)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 lbs beef tenderloin pieces
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 3 slices bacon cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 3 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 cup red wine
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 medium potatoes chopped
- 1 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 3 thyme sprigs
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- Add oil to large pot over medium high heat. Next unwrap two packages of beef and add to hot pan. Liberally season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once beef is finished searing, remove from pan and place to the side.
- Next add chopped onion and bacon to pan and brown.
- Add garlic and only cook for 30 seconds.
- Sprinkle in flour and stir together and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste then pour in beef stock, red wine and balsamic vinegar.
- Next add potatoes, carrots and thyme sprigs and add back in beef and season with salt and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling turn stew down to medium low, cover and continue to cook until thickened and ready for about 1 1/2 hours.