In this Perfect Buffalo Wings recipe, crunchy well seasoned chicken wings get fried to golden brown perfection then dipped in a classic spicy buffalo wing sauce taking them to another level! If you love the crunchy and spice of Hooters Wings, then these are for you!! They are the ultimate game day, Super Bowl or party appetizer done right!! If you love wings like these, try these Buffalo Fried Cauliflower, Lemon Pepper Wings, Mango Jerk Wings, Nashville Hot Chicken, Pomegranate Honey Wings as well!
The BEST Buffalo Wings Recipe EVER With Easy Delicious Buffalo Sauce!!
These are somewhat inspired by Hooters Wings. The first time I had the battered crispy wings was at a Hooters restaurant. Right then, I knew I found a life-long love. I have ordered just about every crispy buffalo chicken wing in the United States (a tad bit of an exaggeration but you get the point I’m trying to make). To save money and to cut down a tad bit on the calories, it was definitely time I stopped ordering them and started making them at home.
Buffalo Wings Batter Ingredients
- All Purpose Flour
- Seasoned Salt
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How to Make Hooters Wings At Home
What makes Hooters Wings so crunchy is that wonderful breading. We achieve that by starting with a buttermilk soak. Buttermilk adds a wonderful tangy flavor to the wings and also helps us create a wonderful adhesive for the chicken.
We also season the flour so there is an incredibly flavor enhanced flavor in the breading. When the chicken is dipped into the flour from the buttermilk, a wonderful breading is created.
Tip 1: Let your chicken rest after breading it!
This is something I do whenever I fry chicken. It helps make sure that it doesn’t fall off in the oil when you are frying. It helps it stick like glue to the chicken.
Tip 2: Test your oil!
Big Mama always tossed a tiny bit of flour in the oil and if it began to fry and sizzle, the oil was ready.
How To Make Buffalo Sauce for Wings
Other Game Day Recipes
- BLACKENED SHRIMP NACHOS
- CHORIZO MEXICAN PIZZA
- ULTIMATE BACON CHEDDAR BURGER
- HOMEMADE GARLIC CHEESE BREADSTICKS
- SHRIMP NACHO POTATO SKINS
The BEST Buffalo Wings
For The Chicken:
- 1 pound disjointed chicken wings
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
For the Sauce:
- 2/3 cup Frank's hot wing sauce
- 1/2 cup melted salted butter
For the Chicken:
- Add chicken wings to buttermilk and let marinate for at least 2-3 hours.
- While chicken marinates, add flour, seasoned salt, paprika, black pepper and garlic powder to paper bag and shake well to evenly distribute flavors.
- Dip each piece of chicken into seasoned flour thoroughly coating each piece then add piece to baking sheet to rest.
- Finish coating all chicken and let sit for 10-15 minutes until coating has set.
- While coating sets, add 2 1/2-3 inches of oil to a medium sized deep pot or deep fryer and heat over medium high heat. Also turn on oven to 275 degrees.
- This is my test for knowing when the oil is ready: Big Mama always tossed a tiny bit of flour in the oil and if it began to fry and sizzle, the oil was ready.
- Fry all pieces until golden brown and place on paper towels to drain for only 1 minute per wing before tossing in sauce.
For the Sauce:
- Whisk together hot sauce and melted butter and heat in microwave to make sure it is hot.
- Add half of sauce to another large bowl and carefully toss several wings in sauce until completely covered. Add more sauce if you like them really saucy like me then serve immediately.
- Celery and ranch or blue cheese is a nice complement.
- If not serving immediately, place in the oven to keep warm.