CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST IDEAS
CAN YOU MAKE FRENCH TOAST WITH EGGNOG?
CHRISTMAS BREAKFAST RECIPES
Eggnog French Toast – traditional fluffy French toast is upgraded with a Christmas twist: eggnog! It may become your favorite breakfast bread ever!!
- 3 large Safest Choice eggs beaten
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog Try Safest Choice's recipe
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon light rum
- 1 loaf day old challah bread sliced into 1 inch slices
- Butter, powdered sugar and syrup for serving
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together Safest Choice eggs, eggnog, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and rum.
- Heat a lightly greased skillet or cast iron skillet over the stove
- Dip slices one at a time into the egg mixture making sure the mixture soaks into the bread.
- Fry the bread slices on each side until golden brown. Remove French toast to a plate, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot with butter and syrup.
I prefer challah bread for this recipe but it can be replaced with any type of bread you like.