Warm, soft, tender and slathered in cinnamon spiced honey buttery goodness, these Cinnamon Honey Butter Dinner Rolls are the baked good of your dreams! Each bite of these slightly sweetened rolls is like biting into a pillow! Serve ‘em up on their own or as a side on this year’s holiday table. If you love these, you will also love these Cheddar Rosemary Dinner Rolls, Hawaiian Sweet Dinner Rolls , Garlic Stuffed Rolls and Flaky Biscuits.
Disclosure: I partnered with Fleischmann’s® Yeast for this recipe post, but all opinions expressed here are my own. I am grateful for authentic partnerships like this.
Y’all may not be able to see me right now but I’m doing a little jig. A happy dance, if you will. The toes are tapping, the hips are swinging, and I got one hand in the air while the other holds a Homemade Dinner Roll! Life just doesn’t get any better than this. Fleischmann’s® Yeast and I are excited to bring you THE recipe that deserves to make it to your holiday table: Cinnamon Honey Butter Dinner Rolls. Made with milk, warm cinnamon, sweet honey, and loads of rich butter, these dinner rolls are the closest thing to a taste of heaven! And y’all, I haven’t even told you the best part: Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast cuts down on the time.
I am absolutely head over heels in love with this recipe! And my baby girl Harmony is too! We’re serving up warm, sweet, buttery rolls made with none other than Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast. Nothing compares to home baking during the holiday season with family, and Fleischmann’s is my secret to a quick, delicious result every time!
These homemade dinner rolls can be eaten all on their own or served as a side on any dinner or holiday table! No matter how you serve it, you’re guaranteed a good time.
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE DINNER ROLLS
Y’all ready to get ROLL-IN’? Get it!??
With a few ingredients and little elbow grease, you and I will be on our way to munching on freshly baked, butter-smothered bread in no time.
Here’s what you’ll need today:
- Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast
- All-Purpose Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsalted Butter
For this recipe, I’d deem it necessary to start with room temperature ingredients; this will help to ensure a good rise and extra fluffy rolls. Once that’s settled it’s down to business!
Start by mixing the dry ingredients until well combined. Next, stir up the milk and egg mixture, making sure to keep the milk between 115-120F to avoid curdling or egg cooking. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and stir them together until a stiffer, yet tacky dough forms.
While these rolls truly can be “no knead” due to more liquid in the base recipe resulting in a wetter dough that helps to develop the gluten without the kneading, Harmony loves to play with the dough so we did a little kneading with our hands. No stand mixer or hand mixer is necessary to make these. For tips on how to improve your kneading technique, definitely check out this article.
Next, proof the dough until doubled in size, which takes about 40-60 minutes. Be sure to keep the dough covered in a warm room. Once proofed, form the dough into rolls and line them up in a greased pan.
Allow the rolls to rise for a second time, about 30-40 minutes or until doubled in size again.
Bake the rolls for 35 minutes and, as they bake, prepare the Homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter. Once cooked and cooled, brush the rolls with fresh cinnamon honey butter and serve.
That wasn’t so bad right?! In fact, that was pretty easy! Can you believe it?
CAN I MAKE DINNER ROLLS BY HAND?
Yes! As I stated above, you don’t need any fancy equipment to pull this recipe off. Kneading is really optional as well but if you select to do a little kneading to soften the dough, do it by hand. Start out by stirring with a spoon until you can’t anymore and then knead it with your hands. Just keep on kneading until all the flour is incorporated and the dough is soft to the touch and only slightly sticky. You’ll feel the burn, but it’s worth it! If you sense that something has gone wrong in your process, you can easily troubleshoot with this information.
HOW CAN YOU TELL BREAD ROLLS ARE READY?
When completely baked, dinner rolls will pull away from the sides of the pan and feel firm to the touch. The bread might even sound a bit hollow when tapped. If you’re really not sure, use a thermometer; it should read somewhere between 190-200F when inserted to the middle of a roll.
DO NOT SKIP COOLING TIME- the extra 15 minutes helps to trap in moisture, so be patient!
HOMEMADE CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER
Ok y’all, this butter is the WORD ON THE STREET. I mean, we’re talking about warm cinnamon, sticky honey, and creamy butter all in one sweet package!
To make Homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter you’ll need:
- Unsalted Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Sea Salt
You simply stir together the melted butter, honey, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl until combined and softened. That’s it! Seriously y’all, it couldn’t be any easier.
ANOTHER TIP: The same ingredients can be mixed into softened butter for a more solid, yet still spreadable result. You can spread this on the bread for later! OMG insane!
I also absolutely LOVE prepping a batch of this spread to keep in the fridge for waffles, toast, pancakes, and even sometimes baking!
HOW LONG DO DINNER ROLLS LAST?
Properly stored, homemade dinner rolls will keep for 4-5 days at room temperature. Cool the leftover rolls thoroughly before tucking them away in a large plastic storage bag or container. Alternatively, you can wrap the rolls in foil and freeze for longer storage (up to 3 months). To thaw, remove the rolls from the freezer, loosen the foil, and allow to sit at room temperature overnight.
SHOULD CINNAMON HONEY BUTTER BE KEPT IN THE FRIDGE?
Yes, I’d recommend refrigerating the butter in an airtight container. Just be sure to bring the butter to room temperature before serving for the ultimate spreadable sweet goodness!
Homemade Cinnamon Honey Butter will keep for 3-4 weeks.
GRANDBABY CAKES’ BEST BISCUITS & ROLLS
Cinnamon Honey Butter Dinner Rolls
For the Dough
- 5 cups all purpose flour plus 1/4 cup for shaping
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 1/4 tsp Fleischmann’s® RapidRise® Instant Yeast (1 packet)
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted (plus 1 tbsp, softened, for pan)
- 2 large eggs plus 1 yolk beaten
- 3 tbsp honey
For the Cinnamon Honey Butter
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
For the Dough
- In a large mixing bowl, mix 4 cups of flour, sugar, salt and yeast together with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the center of dry ingredients.
- Heat milk in saucepan over medium heat until very warm (110-120F), but not scalding.
- Add milk to the well along with melted butter, eggs and honey. Stir together until evenly mixed. The dough will look like thick muffin batter. Start adding the remaining cup of flour in 1/4 cup increments, watching closely as a tacky dough forms. Use your hands to continue to combine the dough for about 5-8 additional minutes until a stiffer and tacky dough forms (you can also knead for additional time here if you want a softer product in the end). You want to make sure the flour is incorporated and the dough is soft to the touch and only slightly sticky.
- Cover lightly with plastic wrap and a wet towel and place in a warm spot to proof, until doubled in size, about 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 350F degrees and place the rack in center position.
- Grease 13x9 inch pan with 1 tablespoon softened butter.
- Lightly flour work surface. Remove dough from bowl and cut into three large, even pieces. Cut thirds into six pieces each.
- Place the ball of dough on the work surface, cupping your hands gently over the dough, press slightly and work in a circular motion to shape into a tight round.
- Place rolls in the prepared pan. Cover lightly with plastic wrap and wet towel and return to a warm place until rolls are doubled in size, about 35 minutes.
- Remove the plastic wrap and place in a preheated oven. Bake until golden brown, or until a thermometer registers 190-200F, about 35 minutes.
- Cool in a pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Top with cinnamon honey butter (recipe follows). Serve immediately.
For the Cinnamon Honey Butter
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter, honey, ground cinnamon, and salt until well combined.
Easy Recipe ~ Delicious!!
Didn’t work for me. Dough never came together
Can they be made with regular active yeast instead of instant?
These dinner rolls are incredibly amazing!! My family loved it.
Lauren Michael Harris says
What a great idea to use cinnamon honey butter on these dinner rolls! It definitely adds a warm, comforting flavor that is perfect for fall and Thanksgiving!
These cinnamon honey rolls are so light and tender, with such a sweet delicious taste. I love eating them warm on their own straight out of the oven.
There is nothing like the aroma of freshly baking bread. Thanks for this great recipe!
Alisa Infanti says
These were so delicious they only lasted 5 minutes on the table!