This Deliciously simple No Bake Peanut Butter Pie with Oreo Cookie Crust blends the richness of peanut butter and the decadence of a chocolate cookie crust and ganache with the creamy lightness of whipped cream creating the perfect icebox treat for a hot summer! Similar to my other no bake desserts like this No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake , this Margarita Pie and this Kool Aid Pie, you will adore how super easy and effortless it is to make such a delightful treat!
How to Make an Easy Peanut Butter Pie
I’ve got a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie that tastes like frozen peanut butter cups for you today. Just think about that for a second, a frozen peanut butter cup? Doesn’t that sound magnificent? It definitely did to me.
This pie seriously could not be easier to make. I think I spent more time showering than I did making this pie. That is the best thing about making a no bake or icebox treat during the summer. You don’t spend way too much time in the kitchen, and after a few hours in the freezer, you have some quite amazing to enjoy.
How to Make Oreo Cookie Crust
As you probably know if you spend a lot of time making icebox pies or no bake pies, the base of these pies is usually a cookie crust. Most use a Graham Cracker Crust but this one is super special because we are making an Oreo Cookie Crust.
For this No Bake Peanut Butter Pie, you can follow the same instructions HERE and replace with ground Oreo crumbs instead if you would like. It just requires you to whisk together the crumbs, sugar and butter to press down into your pie plate.
However if you would like to make this pie even easier, you can grab a pre-made pie crust right at your local grocery store.
How to Make a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
This pie only takes a few ingredients to make. For the actual filling, you will need:
- Whipped Cream
- Peanut Butter
- Powdered sugar
- Chopped peanut butter cups
If you want to save on time you can grab a whipped topping at the grocery store however it tastes even better if you have some heavy whipping cream on hand and can make your own.
For the peanut butter, you can select between creamy and chunky. Again this is all about preference! I personally prefer my pie filling to be super smooth and silky so I go with creamy. Finally you need powdered sugar, and you are ready to make your filling.
A few quick steps of melting peanut butter and sugar together then combining with fresh whipped cream is all you have to do before adding in your chopped peanut butter cups and pouring the mixture into a pre-prepared chocolate cookie pie crust. Freeze and eat!
How to Make Ganache for No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
Most people think that making ganache is super hard but it couldn’t be easier. You simply need two ingredients:
- Heavy cream
The higher quality chocolate you select, the more decadent and delicious your ganache will taste. Because this is a fun budget friendly treat, you don’t need to worry too much about getting some super high quality chocolate chips. It will still taste amazing.
To make this ganache, I simply heat the chocolate chips in a heat safe bowl in the microwave in 30 second increments stirring after each heating. Once melted down, I quickly stir in the whipped cream. Once it was perfectly combined, I allowed it to cool to room temperature before drizzling over the top of the pie. Finally I garnished with peanut butter cups and enjoyed.
Now because peanut butter and chocolate are amazing together, you simply must try this Peanut Butter Fudge that is a recipe after my own heart!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
For the Filling and Pie Assembly
- 2 1/4 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/4 cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup about 15 bite-size chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb pie shell see notes above in post
For the Ganache and Garnish
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 chocolate-covered peanut butter cups halved
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the cream, the peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups cream and the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold peanut butter mixture into whipped cream. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Top with the halved peanut butter cups. Freeze about 3 hours or until nearly firm. Makes 12 servings.
- To make ganache, simply melt chocolate chips in increments of 30 seconds in microwave whisking after each heating until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream until completely smooth then allow to cool to room temperature then drizzle over pie and top with peanut butter cups before serving.