This deliciously simple No Bake Peanut Butter Pie blends the richness of peanut butter and the decadence of an Oreo cookie crust and ganache with the creamy lightness of whipped cream creating the perfect icebox treat for a hot summer!
Are you ready to dive into a frozen peanut butter pie that tastes just like peanut butter cups? Just think about that for a second, it’s like a frozen peanut butter cup? Doesn’t that sound magnificent? It definitely did to me.
This oreo peanut butter pie seriously could not be easier to make. Even better no bake or icebox treats are perfect for the summer since you don’t spend way too much time in the kitchen! Plus after a few hours in the freezer, you have an amazing dessert to enjoy.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
- So easy to make!
- Great flavor!
- Serve frozen or thawed!
- A great no bake dessert that’s perfect for the summertime.
- Chocolate + Peanut = the BEST combination! When I’m craving my Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake but don’t have time to devote to it, this is truly the best and easiest option!
I’m always shocked at how few ingredients it takes to make this delicious peanut butter no bake pie. Let’s take a look at what you need to grab at the grocery store.
- Whipping cream and heavy cream: We will be using whipping cream to make the peanut butter filling while the heavy cream which contains a higher percentage of milk fat is for the ganache.
- Peanut butter: This frozen pie with peanut butter works great with creamy or chunky so grab your favorite!
- Powdered sugar: Works great to sweeten no-bake desserts since it easily dissolves into the other ingredients.
- Peanut butter cups: Grab the mini-sized chocolate peanut butter cups.
- Chocolate cookie pie crust: This can be store-bought or homemade. See below for a bit more info about how to make it homemade.
- Semisweet chocolate chips: The higher quality chocolate you select, the more decadent and delicious your ganache will taste. Because this is a fun budget friendly treat, you don’t need to worry too much about getting some super high-quality chocolate chips. It will still taste amazing.
Can I make a homemade Oreo cookie crust?
Yes, of course! Most icebox pies or no bake pies use a Graham Cracker Crust but this one is super special because we are making an Oreo Cookie Crust.
The easiest option is to simply grab a pre-made pie crust right at your local grocery store.
But you can also make one homemade! If you want to see how to make an Oreo cookie crust, you can follow the same instructions in this graham cracker crust recipe but use ground Oreo crumbs instead of the graham crackers.
How to Make Peanut Butter Oreo Pie
Are you ready to get started? You won’t believe how quickly this peanut butter cup pie no bake goes together!
- Combine the peanut butter with a quarter cup of whipping cream and a quarter cup of powdered sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth then remove from the heat and cool to room temperature.
- Combine the remaining whipping cream and the remaining powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
TOP TIP: Stiff peaks means the tips stand up straight when you pull the beaters straight up and out of the mixture.
- Fold the peanut butter mixture into the whipped cream. Then add the chopped peanut butter cups and gently fold them into the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the pie shell. Top with the halved peanut butter cups and freeze for about three hours or until nearly firm.
- Melt the chocolate chips in increments of 30 seconds in the microwave. Whisk after each heating and repeat until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream until completely smooth and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Drizzle the ganache over the frozen pie and top with peanut butter cups before serving.
If you love the amazing flavors of peanut butter and chocolate, you simply must try this Peanut Butter Fudge that is a recipe after my own heart!
How to Store
- Refrigerator: Store your peanut butter no bake pie in the refrigerator if you prefer your pie a bit softer and creamier. Make sure it’s covered well and it will last up to five days.
- Freezer: This pie is also greatly enjoyed completely frozen! Make sure it’s well sealed with plastic wrap or in a container for up to one month.
- Make ahead: The best part of icebox pie is that you can make it ahead of time! Once the pie is prepared, place it in the freezer until it’s frozen. Then wrap and cover it well, and store it for up to one month. When you’re ready to enjoy it serve it frozen or unwrap it, and allow it to thaw out slightly in the fridge. You can also store it in the fridge for up to three days before serving.
Expert Tips and FAQs
Add more toppings! I love the ganache and peanut butter cups, but if you want to make it a bit extra special feel free to add chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, or chopped peanuts.
Use a fork to randomly drizzle the ganache over the top if you want more control, use a squeeze bottle to make drizzling the ganache a bit easier.
Yes, of course! I prefer my pie silky smooth but if you love crunchy peanut butter it works too!
I wouldn’t because the chocolate ganache tastes so much better. But if you are looking for a simple solution you could swap the chocolate syrup or hot fudge syrup.
More Frozen Dessert Recipes
- Frozen S’more Cookie Bars
- Frozen Banoffee Pie
- Brownie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- Margarita Pie
- Kool Aid Pie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake
- Oreo Smoothie
*Did you make this recipe? Please give it a star rating and leave comments below!* Post a photo of how your version of the recipe came out on Instagram (using #grandbabycakes)!!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
For the Filling and Pie Assembly
- 2 ¼ cups whipping cream
- 1 ¼ cups creamy or chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup about 15 bite-size chocolate-covered peanut butter cups, chopped
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb pie shell see notes above in post
For the Ganache and Garnish
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 6 chocolate-covered peanut butter cups halved
- In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the cream, the peanut butter, and 1/4 cup of the powdered sugar.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the remaining 2 cups cream and the remaining 3/4 cup powdered sugar. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form (tips stand straight).
- Fold peanut butter mixture into whipped cream. Fold in the chopped peanut butter cups. Spoon mixture into pie shell. Top with the halved peanut butter cups. Freeze about 3 hours or until nearly firm. Makes 12 servings.
- To make ganache, simply melt chocolate chips in increments of 30 seconds in microwave whisking after each heating until smooth.
- Stir in heavy cream until completely smooth then allow to cool to room temperature then drizzle over pie and top with peanut butter cups before serving.
This post was originally published June 2015. It has been updated with new images and content.