I have a slight obsession with Strawberry Short Cake. This is why I knew I was going to make an ice cream cake using Girl Scout Cookies that gave me the same joy the original did.
Using Trefoils was a brilliant way to make this happen. It tastes like the most incredible shortbread cookie you have ever devoured. It is quite a match for mascerated strawberries, whipped cream and strawberry and vanilla ice creams. And if you want to take things even further, you can make the ice cream from scratch. Click HERE for my delicious Homemade Strawberry Ice Cream recipe and click HERE for my insane Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream recipe.
This recipe is a snap to make, and doesn’t really require a recipe. I have a guideline below that you can use to make yours but remember, this is all about fun. You don’t need to follow the rules with this ice cream cake. As long as you are having a blast in the kitchen with your kids and Girl Scouts, you are making a winner in my book.
Make sure you check out the fun video I did with the Girl Scouts of Great Chicago and Northwest Indiana below and HERE!
And for my Girl Scout Cookies Mint Chocolate Ice Cream Cake, click HERE!
Girl Scout Cookies Strawberry Ice Cream Cake using Trefoils
- 1 Girl Scout Trefoils Box crushed
- 1 1/2 quarts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 1/2 quarts strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 lb strawberries sliced and sprinkled with 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces refrigerated whipped topping
- Line the outside of a 9 inch round baking pan (or springform pan or pie plate) with plastic wrap.
- Begin creating layers inside the pan. You can start with strawberry ice cream smoothing with a spatula until smooth then freeze for 45 minutes then layer with crushed cookies and strawberries then layer with vanilla ice cream, and whipped topping.
- Top decoratively with remaining strawberries and remaining trefoil cookies and freeze overnight or for at least 8 hours then cut and serve.