Sitting on my couch near a warm fireplace is one of my favorite things to do during this season. It is so cozy and comforting, especially with a mug of this peppermint eggnog white hot cocoa (that’s a mouth full).
I started veering away from classic hot cocoa a few years ago when I discovered how refreshing white chocolate could be as an alternative. Don’t get me wrong, I adore traditional hot chocolate but really thought this flavor was a nice delicious change. When I started adding in peppermint, my mind was blown by how refreshing it was.
So where did the eggnog come from you may be asking? Well one day I was craving a nice warm mug of peppermint white chocolate cocoa but didn’t have much milk on hand. What I did have on hand was eggnog. I added the eggnog in place of the majority of the milk, and let’s just say magic happened.
The wonderful subtle spice flavors of the eggnog really set off the white chocolate, and the peppermint was the last cherry on top of the cocoa sundae. I was in love with this. It is soooo delicious and so decadent.
Top this with a bit of whipped cream, some marshmallows and crushed peppermint, and you have the perfect drink to get cozy by the fireplace.
Peppermint Eggnog White Hot Cocoa
- 6 ounces white chocolate chopped
- 1 cup eggnog
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk according to how thick or thin you want it is
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- For Garnish: whipped cream, marshmallows and crushed peppermint
- Add all ingredients to a pot over medium heat and continue to stir until all ingredients melt together into a smooth liquid. Pour into glasses and serve.