I’m so excited because today our awesome food blogger community is celebrating the amazing Sally’s Baking Addiction with a virtual baby shower filled with all the sprinkles! Her baby is on the way, and we couldn’t wait to share love as she gets super close to becoming a mommy. Sally is such a bright light in our delicious community so I am so glad I get to celebrate her joy today. Homemade Pop Tarts seemed perfect for this considering that soon enough she might be making these as her baby gets older and heads off to school for the first time.
BREAKFAST ON THE GO
HOMEMADE POP TARTS
POP TART INGREDIENTS
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- unsalted butter
- fruit preserves or jam
HOW TO MAKE POP TARTS
Simply popping these into your toaster oven and setting it to the doneness you prefer is about as easy as it gets. I love the golden brown finish and the gooey inside of these.
POP TART ICING
To finish this homemade pop tarts recipe off, I create a simple icing and top with sprinkles. Can you just imagine how much the kids would love these? They would also be super fun for an entertaining brunch as a starter.
Congrats to Sally and her family! We can’t wait to see your blessed bundle of joy!
BREAKFAST RECIPE IDEAS
- Ever want to know how to make grits? This southern grits recipe is perfect!
- Need to learn how to make hash browns? This Hash Browns recipe is the best on the internet!
- This Chicken and Waffles recipe is everything!! The buttermilk waffles are a dream.
- Ever tried a johnny cakes or hoe cakes? These are the ones to try for your upcoming brunch!
- Perfect pancakes are my jam! These lemon ricotta pancakes, or this easy blueberry pancakes recipe and even these brown sugar pancakes are incredible!
Make sure to check out some of the other fun sprinkle filled treats from bloggers celebrating Sally today!
Funfetti Quick Bread
Chocolate Funfetti Cheesecake Bundt Cake
Rice Krispie Treats
Oreo Funfetti Cupcakes
Loaded Unicorn Bark
Funfetti Bundt Cake
Pink Lemonade Cake
Funfetti Coconut Macaroons
Gluten Free Confetti Thumbprint Cookies
Funfetti Cake Batter Dip
Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter diced
- 1/2 cup ice cold water
- 1 jar seedless jam or preserves of your choice
- 3/4 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 teaspoon jam or preserves
- 1-2 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sprinkles for garnish
- In your food processor, add flour, sugar and salt and pulse a couple of times until just combined.
- Next add your butter and pulse until crumbs just develop. Slowly add the water in until a rough ball of dough forms. Remove the dough and cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30-45 minutes to rest.
- Remove dough from fridge and add a bit of flour to a clean counter and place dough on it. Using a rolling pin, quickly roll dough out to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut out rectangle sizes for pop tarts. You should be able to get at least 5 pop tarts from this dough which means you will need 10 rectangles.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add about 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons of seedless jam or preserves to the center of 5-6 rectangles leaving about 1/4 inch of space around the outsides.
- Place plain rectangle on top and press the edges together. Using a fork, crimp the edges to seal them. Place back in the fridge for about 15-20 minutes to firm up before baking.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and puffed. Cool until room temperature or just warm.
- Whisk together confectioner's sugar, jam or preserves, milk and vanilla until nice and smooth. Spoon over cooled pop tarts and serve.